Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Raking Leaves

Ok, I confess.. I am home this week instead of out cruising around the southwest. Why? Still have work/service related repsonsibilities and commitments to honor.
Oh, yes, and the leaves around the house needed raking. Heh, heh.

We have someone who has been taking care of the oak leaves above the house, however, when I returned, I noticed the wisteria in back deck had shed about 90% of its leaves with 3 inch thick coat on the deck.

With another storm poised to arrive tonight (which it has), I decided that the morning hours would best be spent removing the dry leaves before the rain. Glad I did..
2 hours later, the compost pile was taller than ever.

And the back deck was clean

I also raked out the kitchen garden a bit, actually quite a bit.
Sure enough, later in the day, the bright blue sky turned grey and clouds filled the air.

As I write this, I can her the rain drops tut side and am glad I spent the wee hrs of the morning with the rake.

No comments: