Friday, February 10, 2012

Golden Gate Bridge and a new friend

GGB at night from first observation deck


Iconic structure widely recognized around the world.  Probably one of the most photographed of any place except Eiffel tower or Tower of London. (IMHO).



Was reviewing some pics tonight which I shot a couple weeks ago whilst visiting Baghdad by the Bay (San Francisco).


Point Bonita Lighthouse
I had driven out to the Marin Headlands one afternoon when the weather cleared to see the lighthouse and met a fellow photographer, Norman, who also wanted to shoot the Point Bonita lighthouse. However, we discovered our government dollars at work repairing the trail out to the point which prevented us from visiting it.

We struck up a conversation and it turned out he is a professional wedding photographer from the midwest on a little vacation trip on the California coast shoot landscapes, beaches, sunsets, lighthouses, etc for relaxation.








I asked if I could tag along when he shot the sunset over the Golden Gate bridge and he said yes.  What a treat!  Anyway we ended up having a real fun time and met early the next morning out on the same place in the headlands to shoot sunrise.

He sent me some really inspiring pics from his trip and I thought I had better finish some of mine too.

Hopefully we will meet up again next time he is out here on west coast!!

No comments: