Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring has Sprung, Time to hit the road and.....One more thing....

We are ready to get back on the road again.  this Mobile home park has grown on us a bit so will be in our itinerary in future years when we want a longer term solution in Tucson. We love Tucson and feel SW (and CCT)  will be in our future winters for foreseeable future except next winter which will be in SE USA hopefully where the flipflop barometer is in positive range. hehe.

Also, check out my photos at
http://flickrkent.com

ONE MORE THING

Olympus EM-D OM-10 Micro Four Thirds Camera
I just received the Olympus OM-D EM-10
 Micro-4/3 camera
 last week.  Called micro four thirds because the sensor size is smaller than my Canon 7 D crop sensor but larger than tiny little compact cameras.  Also the magnification is 2X which means the 14-42 mm lens in picture actually focuses at 28-80 mm. It also has interchangeable lenses which I like.  I have the camera with the small lens above.  I plan on getting a 75-300mm zoom lens for other things.   Great little portable camera for our hiking
and I can stick it in my pocket
 to always have around
. Love this little pop out lens.  It shoots raw and has Wifi.  Not too expensive.  Lusted after the OM-1 but budget held me back.
  

No, I am not switching away from my Canon Big system, just adding to repertoire.

For your consideration here, let me know your thoughts on photos below. All were shot on tripod. There seems to be good detail in each.  Click on photos to see larger one then you can click on right or left of photo to scroll through others.  Let me know what you think.

Here is a couple pix I shot in jpeg with the Oly OM-D EM-10 and tiny 14-42 lens. Oly JPG's adjusted in LR, then exported to small jpegs for email, since I cannot import the Olympus raw files yet to Lightroom(next version. 5.4 I am told), so I just used the jpeg files. Then I made same shots with my Canon 5DM3 full frame camera, in raw format.  Both were adjusted a little in LR and Photoshop. then exported as small jpeg's.  Yes, I did remove a few little things from last photo in Photoshop (the miracle software).

 Detail good in both, however, I think the Canon delivers a little more rich photo.  I photoshopped the Canon raw files and only had jpegs for Olympus at this time. Will do more tests later. I hope to use the Olympus more for this blog as it has capabilities of easily transferring photos, via Wifi, to my iPad and iPhone for blog posts.  Will see how it works.

Canon 5D Mk III 
Olympus OM-D EM-10
Canon 5D MkIII  (and photoshopped)
Olympus OM-D EM-10 with Lightroom adjustments

No comments: